Answers in Genesis publishes a bimonthly magazine called “Answers.” The scientific evidence for God will astound you. In this post I draw largely from an article in their January-February 2018 edition.
According to Darwin’s theory of evolution, complex animals “evolved” from simple life forms. This pagan idea that you can put life on a scale, from simple to complex, goes back at least to Aristotle. It predicts simple life should not be intelligent, and certainly not capable of advanced thinking. It predicts humans are the most advanced, with apes just below, and simple animals have little to no intelligence.
Guess what? Like so many other predictions of Darwin, it’s been disproven:
- Forager ants recognize themselves in the mirror. If a dab of paint is applied to their face, they see it and try to wipe it off. This mirror test is called “self-awareness,” and is used to distinguish between humans and apes. Some apes don’t pass; but forager ants do. Also passing are some birds (magpies), dolphins, elephants, and at least one fish (manta ray).
- Those little chickadees in your bird feeder can describe objects to each other. They use syntax in their chirps – the order carries meaning, like words in a sentence. Syntax was considered limited to humans. How does the ability to communicate in a language with syntax arise from a Darwinian process?
- Prairie dogs also have a complex language of chirps. They can tell each other a predator’s size, shape, color, location, and speed—even the color of hikers’ shirts.
- Scrub jays have “theory of mind.” They have the ability to think about what others are thinking. If a scrub jay sees another jay watching it, it will fake burying seeds, and actually bury the seeds when not being watched.
- Vampire bats share food. But if another bat doesn’t reciprocate, the deadbeat is refused further meals.
- Jays and crows remember hundreds of places where seeds are buried. Personally, I can’t keep track of my car keys.
- Octopuses recognize and remember faces. One loved to squirt a particular volunteer.
- I had a friend who, years ago, kept a pet snake. (I have no idea why.) He ultimately realized that, at night, the snake would use the plumbing, climbing in and out of sinks and toilets, to escape the room in which it was locked and roam the house. Then, before morning, it would return to the room it started from, to hide its ability to roam. That was one smart snake!
Most people don’t realize Darwin’s theory is not a scientific theory. No experiment or scientific result can disprove it. When the predictions of Darwinists are proven false—such as the prediction of “junk DNA,” squarely rejected by over 400 scientists working on the ENCODE project, or the prediction of useless, “vestigial” organs, proven false in case after case—Darwinists ignore the results. If science cannot disprove a theory, then the theory is not based on science.
So-called “simple” animals show an astonishing degree of intelligence. What about us? Are we smart enough to look at the evidence and think clearly? If we do, we see God. We are not descended from pond scum; we were created by a divine being.
Thanks for reading. Please share the good news that true science reveals God. The world needs hope, and together we can change the world.